Elizabeth lost her IV at around 4 this morning, so when they came to
look for another site at 5am, and couldn't find a good one, Matt
suggested that perhaps we could hold off and let the team decide if 8
hours of antibiotics would matter if her cultures were still
negative....so they talked and eventually decided to send us home,
with a clear understanding that if her cultures grew something at 47
hours (unlikely) then we'd bring her back. We gave them our promise
and headed for the door before they could change their minds!
Elizabeth practically pranced out of the hospital. We stopped to take
this silly picture with a visitation dog and then were on our way home
for cupcakes to celebrate.
Thanks again for praying for us! Our family is holding together and Elizabeth is well. To God be the Glory.