Elizabeth's chest xray was clear, her blood work was normal and the culture is still "cooking" so we'll see what shows up (if anything) after 24 hours, her urine looked okay except for her typical amount of blood, and her abdominal ultrasound showed air in her intestines but nothing else significant. Her fever came down with some Tylenol, but the fact that she spiked to 105 means they want to keep her for IV antibiotics until her cultures come back negative, observation of her pain and serial abdominal exams, so.....Elizabeth will be admitted overnight. Please pray that they're able to get a room quickly so both of them can get some sleep.
I was praying earlier & at the same time wrestling with how to pray..."God if it takes an illness to uncover some lurking thing in Elizabeth, then use it....if abdominal surgery would allow Elizabeth to get her massively over sized spleen taken out and that's what needs to happen then have your way Lord...Don't let her be sent home if there's still something that needs attention....but send her home quickly Lord, spare her and us another hospitalization...."
As always, we're a jumble of thoughts and prayers and desires...and God reminded me of this verse:
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
God knit our little miracle together in my womb, He sustains her life every day...He knows her. And he is the source of all the mercy and grace we need right now.
I'll update you tomorrow....