Blog Archive

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Here we go...

Tomorrow morning Elizabeth will head off to her first day of preschool. It's a big deal for any mom, I know. I've had a lump in my throat for days, months really. But I believe it's going to be a really good thing for her, and for our family, and for me. We're blessed to have a sweet little preschool at the church a block from our home so she'll get to spend 3 mornings a week there and while she's playing her heart out, she'll also work with two of her four therapists. It's been a big week of firsts for us, and my heart is literally bursting with all sorts of emotions. She started getting her growth hormone shots, lost her first tooth, we called poison control for the first time (for Ruby, so that's a different post altogether...she's fine), and yesterday, Elizabeth got stung by a bee! Apparently she got excited after having such luck with Hermie the caterpillar that she thought all bugs were friendly. It was a hard lesson.

So our little angel is growing up. Praise be to God. There were definitely seasons when we wondered if we'd see this day!

1 comment:

adpie said...

Wow! How exciting for this right of passage and I do praise the Lord with you.