Blog Archive

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Looking to the hills...

“I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭121:1-2‬ ‭

On Thursday afternoon, the girls and I enjoyed #paintingwildflowerslive.  Thursday night I developed a tickle cough and wheezing.  So yesterday morning we had to activate our “worst case scenario” plan to protect Elizabeth in the event both Matt and I got sick. We thought it would be a disaster. We wanted to avoid it at all costs. Yet in the end, there is sufficient, inexplicable grace.

💗I had just laundered the few sets of clothes we have with us in our *annex* apartment, so I donned gloves and a mask and was able to pack Elizabeth easily and send her to stay with dear friends Andrew and @hannah_lou_chandler.  After some initial anxiety and sadness about being separated from Hannah, she rallied and was so brave.

💗in a miracle twist, a friend of a friend who had already had covid and Is now safe from sharing it, took our car and delivered Elizabeth safely, avoiding her the risk of riding Uber. This angel-friend also picked up a box of surgical masks from a neighbor and delivered them to a dr who needs them at his Bronx Hospital. She then took my grocery list and got our refrigerators stocked for at least the next week. What grace.

💗we decided to move Hannah back home, since the front of the house is now clear of germs and Matt’s quarantined in the back.  After a rough start at bedtime, she’s done much better today.  Neither of us will be ok missing those bedtime snuggles, but Ruby is quickly becoming a good stand in.

💗So here we are doing the very thing that a week ago was unthinkable. Both Matt & I seem to have relatively mild symptoms, and are praying for new mercies, sufficient grace and peace that surpasses all understanding for each member of our family.

💗 Gosh I wish this were playing out differently. But even this would be impossible without incredibly generous neighbors who handed over their apartment, extraordinary friends who welcomed Elizabeth with open arms and are loving her well, and if not for the trust muscles ALL of us have developed over years & years of seeing God provide.

No comments: