Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A slight delay

“For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭(KJV‬‬)

There is so much we don’t understand.

This verse has been whispering in my ear over the past few days, when I wake up, when I lie down at night, and a dozen times in-between.  The window faces west...giving a perfect view of an oncoming storm.

I sit in our neighbor’s cozy quarantine apartment with two healthy girls, and look through this window multiple times a day.  There are beautiful springtime views that catch my attention even through the city grime on the glass, and at other times the sky is cloudy and all looks grey and foreboding.

There is so much we simply can’t see clearly right now. But we don’t have to. That’s not the point. The one who DOES, calls himself our refuge and our strong tower. I look to him and trust, even when I can’t quite make out what’s coming.

We were so looking forward to a family reunion in 4G on Saturday. Ruby has been well and we’re ready to be TOGETHER again.

Sadly, it’s not going to happen this weekend.  Matt has developed wheezing and flu-like symptoms, so we’ve had to start our COVID clock over again.

We definitely didn’t think we’d be spared, but to have this happen while we’re still separated is wearying.

We would covet your prayers for a mild case and quick recovery for Matt, for sweet Rubykins as she is isolated in the front of our apartment, (thankfully with plenty of access to zoom and FaceTime. 🤗 and for wisdom as I parent and shepherd my girls hearts through the disappointment and homesickness we all feel.

No comments: