Blog Archive

Sunday, May 8, 2005

Elizabeth Archives - Pregnancy Update

Hi friends and family,

Just a quick note to say hi and I hope you are all doing well. Everything is going well in our corner of the world. Last month we had two glorious weeks of vacation, and we got to visit family and a few friends in Seattle and Clovis, and Scott's Valley. Unfortunately it had to end, and Matt is back in the thick of things at work, and looking forward to the end of his 2nd year and beginning of his 3rd in a few months. I've picked up 5 weeks of work through First Resort (my former company) and that is providing for a nice little fund for Baby Harms' bedroom nook. I'm really enjoying the chance to speak to the teens again. This next week I'll be at an all girls Catholic school speaking to Juniors. During a class last week, as I was telling "my story" and recounting my first date, one of the girls asked, "How did you get guys to treat you so well??" It's amazing how low the standard has become for how a guy should treat a girl. So I got on my soapbox. :) (after explaining to them what a soap box was and feeling really old) and told them that they didn't have to date any guy that walked by, and instead, could have standards about the type of guys they would date, and set expectations about how they wanted to be treated. You would have thought I was telling them for the first time, that the earth was round. They were completely inspired with that thought. It feels good to feel like some of what I say is sinking in.



As far as the pregnancy goes, things are moving along nicely. This morning, Matt gave me flowers to help me celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mother-to-be, and I have to say, I could get used to this! I think I'm starting to feel the baby move a little, and a few weeks ago we heard the heartbeat...that was amazing. The baby is now 5 1/2 inches long, weighs about 6.5 ounces, and his or her bones are beginning to harden. Our little one also has fingerprints already! Isn't that cool? In a few weeks we'll get an ultrasound, though we think we've decided that we want the gender of our little one to be a surprise. We'll see if we can wait!

Well, we love you guys and appreciate your prayers for us and Baby H in the months ahead. I've attached a picture so you can see that I am finally beginning to look pregnant! I couldn't be happier.

Much love,
Sara

PS - did you know that an average of 10, 501 babies are born every day in the US? just a little factoid I picked up in my reading...

No comments: