Blog Archive

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Elizabeth Archives - Pregnancy Update

Hi Everyone,


It's been a while since we updated you, and thankfully, that's because there's been nothing dramatic to report! Our daughter continues to grow...proving by her kicks that her current dwelling is shrinking fast. Our last ultrasound indicated that she's in the 56th percentile for growth, and showed evidence that she's thriving. It also revealed that her Cystic Hygroma (the fluid collection at the back of her neck) is shrinking! We've now made it past the 35 week mark and if necessary could safely deliver her without many of the risks associated with premature delivery. These are all direct answers to prayer.


In a few weeks we'll have another appointment (they come every 2 weeks now) as well as another Fetal Echocardiogram. This will be our last chance to see what's going on with her heart and we're praying for continued healing. And we are so grateful for your prayers. A few nights ago, our God-daughter, Quinlee, (who is 2) called (with the help of her parents) and on the answering machine prayed, "Lord, bless Baby Harms!" On our way out of church last week, a gentleman stopped Matt and I and said, "The Lord told me to pray for your baby's salvation...so we're praying for her health and that she would come to know God at an early age." Perfect strangers are being moved to pray for our daughter...God is so good to us.


Overall, Matt and I are doing really well. The bible verse that has best expressed my heart lately is Psalm 30:11-12 ~


You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, to the end that my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever.


I feel like we've turned a corner, from mourning to rejoicing and we are eager to see what God does in our daughter between now and the day she arrives. In the meantime, we're painting, carpeting, installing furniture, washing clothes, sewing bedding, and last Saturday, we went to a class where we finally learned how to have a baby!


Finally, we have a name! We've chosen Elizabeth Joy Harms. Elizabeth is my middle name and means, "devoted to God" and Joy, well, joy is what we feel about her!


I've attached a picture of our progress...both in belly size


With Love,

Sara, Matt & Elizabeth Joy

No comments: