Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Year With Ava

Someone knew us.

Someone knew that capturing moments and people we love on film might be called my "love language".

Someone knew our time with our sweet girl was precious and short.

And that someone, also knew the talented Josh and Amy Heater at SweetTea Media and asked them to give us the gift of a lifetime.

In March, three months before Ava died, Amy offered to begin coming to our home and following our family to capture the moments we lived and played with and cherished our Ava Bean. We couldn't say YES fast enough! You've already seen some of the footage in the video we played at Ava's memorial service, but that was only a slice of the treasured moments they captured.

The movie below is another treasure. For me, it's 20 minutes of grace. I feel like I can almost touch her again. Reliving those moments and remembering the dear people who made them possible has been part of my therapy this week.

We still don't know who that Someone is. But we are forever grateful.

A Year With Ava from sweetTea media on Vimeo.

Special thanks to Stephen Miller for use of his songs I Surrender All and How Deep the Father's Love for Us
www.stephen-miller.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this with your readers. Your composure and faith are a testimony to God's grace and provision during the most difficult times in life.

Shayne Mackey said...

Matt and Sara,

What a remarkable video. What a remarkable couple you are. I wish so very much I could have known Ava. To be touched by her and her glorious gifts. You are in my heart and in my prayers this week.

Sending love and blessings and peace to you and all your girls today. One day I will get to see you all again and give you love and hugs and smiles and laughter!!

Be well my sweet friends. And thank you, thank you for sharing this journey with all of us. God has you in the palm of his hand and his grace and love and mercy and kindness and Spirit are all around you.

Love always,
Shayne